Power Grid Resilience Spring 2015 Video Highlights
Scalable Solutions for Protection, Survivability and Response
Welcome to the 4th Annual Power Grid Resilience Summit!
The reliability of the U.S. electric power grid, as an underlying enabler for other critical infrastructure sectors (such as emergency services, communications, transportation, and others), is uniquely essential to protect.
Security and resiliency concerns have grown with increased risk to energy infrastructure from extreme weather, asymmetric physical threats and vulnerabilities, and with ever increasing cyber-sophistication. Additionally, as a distributed, independent,and critical network of infrastructure, US utilities face a web of state and federal compliance frameworks, internal and external safety and security imperatives, and a dynamic and growing need to identify vulnerabilities in critical assets from risk of sabotage, theft, and terrorism.
Utilities are being confronted with pressure to not only identify and work on hardening grid assets, but also to prepare for any possible scenario that could unfold.
Collaboration between asset strategy, risk mitigation, corporate security, compliance and incident management are a priority across the board; some utilities have already made strides, however there is still a critical need to ensure a robust, resilient and secure grid.
Grid owners and operators need to prioritize the right projects that will protect critical assets from severe weather, cyber attacks, theft and terrorism; prevent disruption of service for customers; restore service swiftly after an outage; and maintain/prepare for compliance with current and future regulatory standards.
Power Grid Resilience will take a deep dive into the security strategies, resiliency efforts, innovative technologies and strategic planning necessary to balance the competing priorities of today’s utility executives. Join us as we identify and tackle challenges to help you achieve a robust and resilient grid.
We begin the three day program with an in-depth Tech Accelerator Workshop Day, where we will look at specific next-generation technologies and research that can inform security decisions today. Over the two days of the main conference, we will hear from utility security executives, government regulators, thought leaders, and academics to address challenges and growth areas to building Power Grid Resilience.
What are the Benefits of Attending?
- Hear the latest policy and regulatory guidance for protecting your critical electric infrastructure
- Benchmark your physical security for critical infrastructure and CIP 14-1 implementation
- Get the latest updates on the electric industry threat landscape
- Review next generation technologies and strategies from thought-leaders and researchers from government and industry
- Apply the latest tools and methodologies to assess site vulnerabilities & security levels
- Understand current compliance framework and challenges to streamline strategic planning
Some of the topics this year include:
- Reliability Concerns and Strategies for Risk Mitigation
- Enhancing Cyber-Physical Security Integration
- Building Cross-Sector Security Coordination
- Understanding the HI/LF Threat
- Updates on the National Transformer Strategy
- Solutions for Reliability and Resilience of Power Infrastructure
- Understanding the Gaps: Navigating the Regulatory Environment
We will also take and in-depth look at:
- Grid Modernization
- Cost-Benefit Analysis of Physical Security Solutions
- Understanding the Insider Threat
- An “All-Hazards” Approach to Security
- Distributed Energy and Microgrid Strategies for Risk Mitigation